It is our policy to pursue preventive medicine for all patients. Our nurses offer Health Promotion appointments for diabetes and asthma and will advise on disease prevention. Patients with asthma, coronary heart disease, diabetes or hypertension are invited to attend for regular check-ups.
Services available by appointment
- Blood pressure checks
- 6-8 week old child development checks
- Infant immunisation
- Influenza vaccinations
- Pneumococcal vaccinations
- Minor surgery
- Paula Carr diabetic eye screening
- Advice on health related matters
- Cervical smears and breast examinations
- Dietary/alcohol/smoking problems
- Removal of sutures
- Ear syringing
- Family Planning
- First aid and help with minor injuries
- Hearing screening
- Post-natal checks
- Regular immunisations for adults and children
- Taking blood samples
- Leg Ulcer dressing clinic
Travel advice and immunisation
Our practice nurses are available by appointment to offer medical advice regarding travel and vaccinations where appropriate.
Do plan ahead – do not leave your vaccinations until the last minute.
Fees are payable for some travel vaccinations, advice and record cards.
Management of common/minor ailments
Many conditions get better by themselves and can be treated successfully at home. Your pharmacist may be able to help you with these and advise about medicines you can buy over the counter.